Friday, March 30, 2012

About My Good Luck

Today I won't write about me or my latest projects or ideas. Today I want to tell you all about the great place that gave me my first chance. Post Mortem Press.

PMP is a small press under the great direction of Eric Beebe who took a leap of faith in himself, left behind corporate America, and invested in his own dream. Barely in its infancy with only two years under its belt, it has achieved huge success in its short life. First, there were the anthologies, SHADOWPLAY, UNCANNY ALLEGORIES, ISOLATION (with my first short story ever, FRANCIS). The beginning was promising and the next step was obvious, novels. I'm somewhat proud to say that the first novel on PMP's catalogue was my own PERPETUAL NIGHT (also my first novel. How karmic!), soon followed by incredibly talented authors like Jessica McHugh, Kenneth Cain, Brad Carter, Chris Curry... the list has now grown so much, it is impossible for me to name all of them, but rest assured, their time to shine will come when I tell you about PMP's Featured Author.

Like every independent small press a heck of a lot of effort has gone into putting PMP in the winning path it is on. A lot of touring and visiting conventions, mingling with the best, and having more than a little faith. I'm also sure Eric has signed some kind of a pact with a horned creature... if only for PR at a convention. You can follow the detail soap opera of learning the ropes of editor and head of a small press in Eric's blog, here. But lets just say it wasn't easy.

Now, we've came to present day where this amazing company is now fully in black numbers and growing. A new tour around the best conventions and even more exciting news with a few of the most prominent names in the industry like Jack Ketchum (Dark Doorways), Jonathan Maberry (Dead Souls), and Clive Barker (Torn Realities) now being part of the family. There's another big name that has me particularly excited, but I can't still give you the details...


As you can see, I've been very fortunate to have landed in the mist of such talent. I'm also very fortunate because Post Mortem Press is genuinely interested in helping us, the less than famous names, grow. One of the ways to do so is this new 'Featured Author' thing. Let me explain. Through the course of two or three weeks PMP's web page has a whole page dedicated to one of its authors, his/hers works (even if published by someone else) and a few interesting details about him/her. Then , of course, enters Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and every other social media where the rest of the family tries to turn the lime light to shine on the Featured Author in turn.

Now you know. I have this incredible group of friends and colleagues that I very much wish to see being successful and it is because of that that I ask for your help. Take a few minutes to check PMP's page, check the feature author in turn, and if you feel like it, share it with your friends. You'll make someone happy and good karma is a great thing to have with you.

Without further ado, the featured Author:


Jessica McHugh


"Writing doesn't make me who I am.
It just makes me have to drone on and on about myself at parties."
"I am not a voice of my generation.
I am the twisted mental whisper that precedes the 'right' thing to say."


Jessica McHugh is an author of speculative fiction that spans the genre from horror and alternate history to epic fantasy. A prolific writer, she has devoted herself to novels, short stories, novellas, and even playwriting. She has had ten books published in three years, including "Song of Eidolons", "The Sky: The World", "Rabbits in the Garden", and the first three installments in her "Tales of Dominhydor" series.
 For a short time get this great book for only .99 cents!! Click Here

1 comment:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Don't forget the A to Z Challenge begins tomorrow! Looking forward to your posts.
Don't forget to turn off word verification.