Yolanda is a great blogger with tons of amazing book suggestions and interesting context for everyone who likes to read. She also happens to be about to release not one, but two of her own books: MURDER, MADNESS, AND LOVE in August, and MEMORIES OF MURDER in September. You can learn all about them here.
So, the rules for this award are:
1. Display logo in your blog to show you've been nominated!
2. Link back to your nominator.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 7 other bloggers for the award.
5. Notify your nominees.
I also have to answer to 11 questions. So, without further ado, here are my answers...
WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
THREE MILES PAST by Stephen Graham Jones
THE POWER GOES OUT. IT WILL BE OUT FOR SEVERAL HOURS. WHAT DO YOU DO WITH YOURSELF?
Grab a book and read, while the girls are happy and self-entertained. If the hubby is close by, we'll just talk our heads off until we're sleepy, or the girls need us
WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
La Oreja de VanGogh (Spanish pop group)
GREATEST STRUGGLE AS A WRITER?
When to stop tweaking a story. It can always be better, right?
WHAT IS THE ONE BOOK YOU THINK EVERYONE SHOULD READ?
If you like horror, you need to read Algernon Blackwood and Dracula. If you like fantasy, read Jules Verne. Whatever your genre, read the classics. They were the innovators, theirs were the original stories. The rest of us are just trying to not mess things up.
IF YOU COULD BE ONE OF THE GREEK GODS WHO WOULD YOU BE AND WHY?
I don't know much about Greek Gods, but how about Isis of the Egyptian pantheon? I like a strong matriarch who's not beneath cutting the balls off a jerk. And now you know why I write horror...
WEIRDEST THING YOU'VE EVER BEEN TOLD BY A FORTUNE COOKIE?
Don't remember a single one of 'em. I don't put much stock in fortune, though
SEVEN RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I lack the span of attention necessary to knit. I started several scarfs through my youth. Never once did I finish.
- Egypt was the first place I went on vacation with my own money, which I earned working at a Starbucks for a year, and selling my car.
- I love horror everything and that's mostly what I read, yet the first novel I outlined was a Romance/Family Saga. I'm still working on it.
- I'm a Libra and my husband is a Libra. Making decisions in this family takes a long time, but we have plenty 'artistic outbursts' (read tantrums).
- I played with Barbies until I was fourteen years old.
- I'm in love with Vincent Price's voice. I mean, c'mon! Thriller, anyone?
- I used to read Tarot Cards when I was in my early twenties, but after a series of strange events I stopped. Never charged a dime. For years old 'clients' wrote to tell me how things I'd told them came to happen.
There you go. Fun, Fun, Fun! Now, for my nominees...
Lexa Cain -
Mina Lobo at Some Dark Romantic
Nicole Singer at Write Me a Word
Elizabeth Twist -
These are all ladies with unique voices, amazing intellect, and a whole lot to say. Do not miss their blogs!
And for those reading this post, thank you for making my blogging life such an enriching experience. I treasure each of your comments. Most of the time you offer me great comfort and support. Here's to another hundred awards and a million publications!