Friday, July 12, 2013

Pet Project: Haunted Manhattan

For this summer, and since I've been a bad blogger lately, I decided to try something new. I looked for something that involved my passion for ghost stories but took me out of the house, into new interesting investigations. I also thought that you deserved a little extra entertaining stories. So, giving that I live so close to the Big Apple, I decided to go search for the best known haunted locations in the city. I mean, how many can there be, right?

Can you say sucker?

Turnes out Manhattan has more than thirty buildings with a well spread reputation on the creepy side. Only Manhattan! Forget about Queens and Brooklyn.


Writing for a living here, remember? Not exactly the wealth generator one would think. And don't even get me started on my 'free time.'

So, where to go? I needed to cut the list to about four places max. Which took me to the realization that I'm completely incompetent when it comes to taking decisions. And come to think of it, I want you guys to enjoy this series, therefore, I'd love to know what YOU think. So here's the deal. I'll leave you here with a list of some of the places I found. All of them have interesting backstories and are of easy access to me. I'll go to those places that receive the most votes. (If no one votes, I'm visiting each one of you and leaving a voodoo doll under your beds. So, that.)

Just have in mind that I'm no paranormal researcher. I will not be carrying out EVP's, filming, or interviwing. I'll simply go into the place, have a bite/drink where possible, take pictures, and get the hell out of there. Okay, maybe I'll ask the bartender for his phone number if he's cute. But that's it. I'll also research what the ghost stories are, and what the actual history of the place is. Fine, I'll ask people working there if they have had any experiences. Happy, now?

Now, please vote here:



This is the first time I use pinopinion, so please, should you find any trouble voting, simply do it by commenting. I'll also try to add a voting site on my facebook page, which you all have already liked, right? If not, follow the link on the side bar to the right.

I'll keep the voting going for a week or two, depending on how many people vote, but my first post will be here next week. I'll tell you all about the famous House of Death near 5th ave. Catchy name, huh?

Take care, enjoy the weekend, and get a tan!

3 comments:

Yolanda Renée said...

You are one brave girl. I couldn't do it, not on purpose! I do hope you have fun, but tempting fate, I couldn't do. Can't wait to hear the results!

Georgina Morales said...

Aww! Thanks Yolanda! Not many people call me 'girl' since I became a mom. That Ali e is worth risking my soul to the devil. LOL

Seriously, though, I truly don't expect anything to happen. I'll be there in the middle of the day, with the place choke full of people. I wouldn't even consider doing it at night or by myself. I'm too much of a coward.

I'll keep you posted!

Unknown said...

This sounds so cool, and I lived in NYC for 10 years, so I know some of these places. I think the thing got my votes, just in case, they were: Empire State, Algonquin, Dakota and Washington Squ Pk.

I can't wait for you to scare me!! :-)